- Pray. Our God is a sovereign and strong God who calls us to walk by faith and follow him. Your prayers and the number one thing that keep us going and make a difference every day.
- Talk. Keep in contact with us, sometimes I have absolutely no news whatsoever on movement in our adoption process but it is so nice to know that you care. We may not be "showing" physically or bringing home a baby but we are becoming parents (again) and it's nice to know you notice!
- Give financially. It’s no secret that adoption (international adoptions in particular) are financially costly. If you feel that your part of our adventure is financial, we will be super blessed by your contribution. We are working on a 5K and a Fun Run May 19th at Riverwood Resort, MO. You can check the tab on the top of this page for more info. Also our agency has an Eternal Family Program that can handle our donations. (We recommend leaving the memo line blank for tax purposes.) Ddesignate it to us by placing our last name in the Notes section of the form. Talk to an accountant to be sure, but all donations should be tax deductible!
- Join Us. I know I just said adoption is not for everyone, but it may be for your family. If not there are many organizations that you can partner with. (I recommend Because Every Mother Matters, Compassion International, or World Vision to name a few).
Other ways we anticipate needing some love as we move further in the process:
- Orphanage Donations. We will have a chance to collect donations for the orphanages in Ethiopia that work with our agency.
- Sibling love. Any way you can bless our current children through the adjustment with play dates, prayers, and notes of encouragement would also bless us.
- Food. We will never turn food away - unless you put seafood in it (instant ER visit for Gene)