Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Amharic- My adventures in language

So in my effort to be a cross cultural family and educate myself I went on a google search to try to hear a little Amharic ....wow super overwhelemed!  Did you know each of the 33 Amharic letters has like 7 different forms with different vowels and consanants. First, our alphabet only has 26 letters- where do the extra six come from? The how do you make 7 forms then combinations then male/female/respect..aahhhhh...
 Good thing our watiting time to meet our little boy will be so long, I think Im going to need it just to learn the alphabet! Maybe by the time he comes home I will have a few words down, or at least mom and dad!
I do have to mention though, Im watching Amharic music videos and listening to Ethiopian pop music right now and I think I like it, it's kinda catchy! 
If you want a taste of my new music here you go! BTW-you know Im trying these dance moves too...this mama has some moves!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Just thought I would share for those of you that know my husband- he tried to do this and he looked like he was violently convulsing while puking (Im not even going to comment on what I looked like)

    ReplyDelete