Sunday, February 3, 2013

A little soul searching then some fun family updates

As you read in our last post we have passed the 9 month mark. I have chosen to focus on my family and work and remembering that we still have a son out there somewhere I may not yet know his name or recognize his face but he is there waiting and so are we. Every night we pray for our new son but today I am also starting to pray for his birth parents as well. For the family that has made the ultimate sacrifice of choosing a life for their son that they are unable to give. I will always be thankful for their willingness to put our child first, may I be able to remember and honor their decision too.

Ok...done with the deep now onto the lighter side
     
     Fun family updates....

I am in shock that Kellsie will be turning 8 next month. Seems like this little ball of sweetness grows faster than ever before.

Jacob started shaving so I believe he is now officially a young man. He continues to amaze me in his humor and sense of purpose.

Saria is ready to start track soon and has been spending lots of time getting ready for her next choir concert. She is still full of life and praying about joining the mission field this summer.

Gene has been busy at work and planning different projects for the house, always my handy man! He has lost more weight so we are back to adding in protein shakes but thankfully his healthy is still good and he is active as ever.

I have been working a lot lately and in between being director of guidance, regular counselor duties, raising a family, planning our adoption, getting ready for a move and life in general I decided to persue
National Board Certification as a School Counselor.
Because I have nothing else to do- right (insert eye roll here)
What does this mean for me? Check out the pic to see....

Lots and lots and lots of preparation, analyzing, typing and time. I am blessed to be able to be working on this with my awesome co-worker Rebecca and this weekend we were able to work on our entries all weekend long.

Tune in next time to see our next post of craziness Collins style!

No comments:

Post a Comment