Monday, June 10, 2013

P-a-t-i-e-n-c-e...... You gotta wait for it.....

If you are familiar with kid stuff then you may be singing this song right now, and I need to make it my theme song. If not, then yes, at times I am a little quirky- don't hate:)

We are still waiting for our court date and have been told it should be assigned any day now. We had expected the e-mail today and so I kept refreshing my e-mail every minute or so (The IT guys at my work were probably rolling their eyes at me). By the Way, two other families received court dates of the 20th and they leave this weekend! So very excited for them and their new children. They have about 6 days to pack-crazy!!!!!


So By ten am I think I may have alerted some crazy signal with the amount of times i had refreshed my email and wore out expedia with my constant airline planning. I kept trying to create future itineraries that sounds like: well, if we leave on this day and take this plane then layover in this country then fly this airline, yada yada yada. Needless to say, I knew my mind was spiraling downwards towards defcon 5 aka psycho adoptive control freak mom. I had already eaten half a cinnamon roll, a quarter muffin, six starburst (I already ate all the chocolate last week) and two cups of coffee so there was only one sane thing left to do.....

I grabbed my Jesus Calling Devotion for the day. (shout out to my sweet friend Trisha Nail for buying it for me). To be quite honest as soon as I read it I laughed out loud and then groaned. It was so very true and God completely knew what I needed to hear. (He actually knows all the time, I just don't always like to admit it- for proof note paragraph above where I eat everything insight and then begin panicking- yes I realize I may have some control issues thank you very much, but I digress.

So, Curious as to what it said, well read yourself and have a little chuckle at my expense.

"Rest in me, my child. Give your mind a break from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen. Pray continually, asking My spirit to take charge of the details of this day.”

Did anyone else catch that - Give your mind a break from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen....Seriously!!!! What was I doing all morning- hello - planning and anticipating!

Ugh- seriously!!!

After that I had to take a little walk outside just me and my God (and because I did eat that cinnamon roll, I gotta work some of that off).

Now I feel much better and look forward to tomorrow reminded that God has this. (P.S. someone please hid the cinnamon rolls from me).

No comments:

Post a Comment