Monday, December 2, 2013

Random love and a little fair trade

So you all know I love me some Jen Hatmaker. Well, I was pursuing her blog and came across this blog post and was so excited to see the first thing on her loving list...Noonday!!! Hey ya'll my pretend BF loves noonday too! Just thought I needed to share that. 


Her is her blog post if you want to check her out:  Jen Hatmaker - Things I'm Loving


Tomorrow is fair trade Tuesday in celebration of the holidays. Although we at Noonday consider ourselves "ethical trade"  we follow the fair trade principles state that artisans receive a fair, living wage, a good working condition, and a reasonable path out of poverty. But, we want to go beyond fair trade. In many instances, the artisans are part owners in the companies. Your purchases enables our artisans to put their children in school, buy chickens, or even expand their own business so they can employ their local community.


I hope you will be inspired to look a little beyond the corporate stores and shopping malls. For me living in rural America,  I may not be able to escape the corporate stores entirely but I can still purchase with a purpose and I hope you will too. You can check out #FairTuesday on twitter or http://FairTuesday.org to find over 150 sustainable brands to choose from. 


As always, I would love to host a Noonday trunk show to help share the stories of our artisans with you while styling you along the way or you can check Noonday out at http://amandacollins.noondaycollection.com


Thanks for listening, 


         -Amanda

              Style{made with love} 




No comments:

Post a Comment