Friday, February 7, 2014

iF:Gathering in Lebanon

Today I am going to gather with women from out my community to think over the question If God is real, then what? 
This event is taking place in Austin, Texas and we are participating in the simulcast here at First Baptist Church.  I am excited and nervous and anxious and seeking all at the same time. I know this weekend is going to be a time of reflection and vulnerability. Shedding off my outward appearance and working on who I am as a daughter of Christ. Joining with ladies in the raw and brokenness of our lives. We each have things we deal with, things we hide and things we struggle with that only HIS grace can change. 

"We exist to gather, equp and unleash the next generation of women to live out their purpose"
      -Jennie Allen. 


So why am I doing this? 
      For one because I am a doer. I have a natural flaw for overworking and over committing myself but in that I find solace. I am a continual grower and some of the women speakers have been a vital role in that process. Two, I am seeking answers. God moved big in my life and know I am searching and praying for what those next steps are going to look like and I hope this conference will help me with some of that. Three...because I love my fellow women and I want them to experience this growth and transformation too. 


How is this going to work? 
     We are meeting at First Baptist Church today at 4pm and going to join together to watch the simulcast. We will break for dinner and conversation around 6:30 (or whenever our stomachs start to growl) and will then join back into the simulcast until we call it quits. 
Then we will meet again Saturday at 9am, break for a lunch around town about noon and then rejoin for the afternoon sessions until about 4/5. 
 Will all the technology work together-who knows! I hope so and I am praying for it, but ultimatly it's up to him and our Internet connection! 


How do you prepare? 
   Pray, humble yourself and be prepared to be real, authentic time together. Each women is bringing a soup or a snack on Friday. Make sure you bring a bible, some type of item to journal with and wear your yoga pants as we prepare to lay it all out there! 

I am going to be utilizing #ifgathering to share our weekend and I hope you join us too or find a if:gathering near you! 

     -Amanda 





No comments:

Post a Comment