Monday, April 29, 2013

Care Packages = Sweet smiles!

The past few weeks have flown by. I still am in awe that God has matched us with a little boy so perfect for our family! The peace that has come from receiving our referral and now being able to place a face and a name has shocked me. I think I lived in such struggle for so many months and have finally came to a place of calm and understanding. I knew that God had to work on our hearts big time to prepare us for this adoption journey and that when our hearts we ready he would reveal our son, and he has!

We are now in the waiting stage for the next month or two while paperwork continues to be completed.

One of the exciting parts of this time of waiting is Care Packages.


 
 
Our agency allows us to send photo releases to families who are traveling to the transition home and with the photo releases they may also take care packages. Now, in the 18 months of waiting you would have thought that I, the planner, would have made a care package....you would be wrong! I was afraid I would jinx it..
 
                             (I know- great faith step- insert eye roll!)

So we made it a family event and took the children to walmart to buy their new brother his first gifts.
    Saria picked out a toy car
   Kellsie crayons and a small coloring book 
   Jacob- a can of Flarp....
 
 (For those of you that have never had a jokster in your house Flarp- it is like a jelly type play-dough that is in a can and when you push on it the noise it creates is similar to a really gross body function- I can only imagine these two boys together and all the mischief that will ensue ! )
 
They then all wrote letters and drew pictures to "N".  I totally love my children and their diversity:
   Saria- a simple getting to know you letter
   Kellsie- a picture of N and her playing
   Jacob- a picture of the Flarp saying: Don't get into trouble with the Flarp!

Gene and I added a few other things in like some family pictures, socks, sunglasses and gum.
 
We received a picture of him with his very first care package today. Each family shares with us how sweet he is and how he shared his gum with their daughter. We can't wait to hug this little man!

 
 Is he not the cutest -even with out seeing his little face!

3 comments:

  1. Aren't care packages fun? Maybe a little too fun for some...Cynthia Gaylord Montoya I'm looking at this care package and am overcome with guilt by the 45lb box I just sent you to mule over there for us

    -Rebecca Oberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts! I'm so happy for your family!

    -Julie Hicks

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you!!

    -Aunt Dee

    ReplyDelete