Monday, April 8, 2013

We got "The Call" !!!!!!!!!

We received "The Call" on Friday around 2:20!!!!!  After almost 19 months from starting this journey it was surreal to know that day was our referral day!

Our son is around 6-7 years of age (more about that to come) and oh so sweet!!!!

I hope I can capture a bit of what it was like for us while respecting our little guy and his history....

Gene and I were able to FaceTime together while we listened to our family coordinator share the file with basic information about him.  I may or may not have been screaming in my office and so elated that I sounded like a crazed lunatic. There were tears of joy over being matched and tears of sadness over his life story. We both ended the call in shock that we had recieved the referral but knowing with out a doubt that this is OUR SON!!!

Our family coordinator then e-mailed me the file containing various documents about him and his life so far as well as lab work and medicals. It was so tempting to take a sneak peak at the file before Gene got home but I stayed firm and waited while wanting to tell the whole world that WE HAVE ANOTHER SON!!!!!  It was a challenge to act "normal" and pretend like our lives had not changed in an instant. But our God has a sense of humor and kept me busy with a scooter accident that ended in bandaids and kisses for Kellsie and a smelly dog who took a swim in the lagoon.

Finally Gene was able to get home and we send the kids off to play while we looked at all the documents and his picture. Check out our reaction to his picture here :






In the next blog post I will share with you how we told the kids and then tell YOU about him!




2 comments:

  1. Big, big, HUGE hugs from Nashville!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, SO excited for your family! Was just praying for y'all and your decision today before you posted this. Can't wait to see how God orchestrates all of this!

    ReplyDelete