Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Telling the kids


So in the last blog post I shared with you that we received our referral call. If you all have met me before you know that I love giving gifts and surprises.

After we got "the call" I went to Walmart and picked up a few new things for our little guy that I though he would like and that also related to our three kids we have right now. I brought them home and wrapped them (and color coded each bag) and then used the gifts to tell the kids. We videotaped their reactions, unfortunantly my IPAD's storage capacity was filled completely full with pictures that the girls take of themselves making silly faces- literaly there were 134!  and it cut out at the last moment...

Don't they look so excited in the beginning (insert eye roll here from my teenagers)


Don't you just hate when a camera does this......

          So at this time I am trying to ell the kids to freeze and hold their expressions until I can erase the pictures and make room for another video. Then here we are trying to make it again like we never stopped (yes- I realize I failed! )


 
I loved seeing their reactions. The girls are not shy about showing their emotions but our Jacob is a little more reserve, if you look carefully you can see a tiny smile before he realizes I am still filming :)
 
We told my parents with a gift too and it was sweet as well. I didn't record that one but it is imprinted into my heart.
                                                                  
 
Since we live 2 hours away from Gene's parents we had to tell them via phone (actually Gene spilled the beans with out me- my honest Abe said he couldn't hide it! )
 
 
On next blog post I will tell you about HIM!
 
(or at least the few details were are permitted to share and
more of my heart journey this past week because with the joy of adoption also comes the sadness of a broken family)

No comments:

Post a Comment