Friday, August 2, 2013

New beginnings

Today is the third full day N has been with me and I can say it has been wonderful but exhausting, amazing but so very hard. You prepare and prepare but much like having a new brand new baby in the end you do the best you can do.

Our Tuesday I went to pick up N. I wish I could describe what is like to pick him up with literally nothing but the clothes on his back, nothing.....our other three children pack a huge suitcase to stay the night at their grandparents house and my newest son has absolutely nothing with him to account for his entire life. I was told somewhere someone had some of the things we had sent him over the months but they had no idea who or where. Then when it was time to go we just hoped in the van and left.

That day we follow the other adoptive families and went to the shopping market, after one store I decided N and I would stay in the van, just a little too much stimulation. Then we went on a tour of Robera Coffee. I will have to make a blog entry on just that And the work he is doing in Ethiopia.

Then it was time to come home, we ate a traditional Ethiopian dinner, N had his first shower which he absolutely loved! I think it was his first "real shower" ever, he kept singing and dancing. then into his new batman pj's and off to bed. He slept in his own bed for the whole night!

Later tonight I will blog about our first full day at the guest house and the ups and downs of parenting a new adopted child.....hard stuff people, hard stuff.







1 comment:

  1. Oh girl! I know you have so many ups and downs to go but i am PRAISING the Lord that you two can start your journey of healing together. Praying for you and Nati and praying you get to go home soon!!

    ReplyDelete