Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Reunited and it feels so good!

As I sit here typing listening to some type of Amharic religious chanting to the orchestra of dogs and chickens I am reminded how far from home I am. After 20 or so hours of flying I arrived at my guest house at 10pm Ethiopia time. Thankfully I was able to transition to their time fairly well and woke up this morning ready to see N.

It is hard to describe what it felt like coming back after almost a month had passed and yet once I stepped out of the van it was just like I had been there yesterday. I felt at such peace having him in my arms again and he was just right there holding my hand and chomping on his gum. Today he spent most of the day asking me "What you call this". He seems to have picked up even more English and is eager to learn more. For lunch we went together with a few other adoptive families for burgers and N discovered the hand dryer, be was amazed. I'm looking forward to all the firsts this little boy will have. Oh, and have I mentioned that this kid has some skills with a ball!

Tomorrow I will head back to the transition home and then N will come back with me to the Guest House. He is an Orphan No More!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment