Sunday, July 28, 2013

Up, up and away

I had this awesome blog post about traveling and something about my family and Ethiopia and some sappy stuff, but apparently my iPad wont save things when it is in airplane mode so now I have nothing but the title (I remember that part)

So, a brief update before I board the next plane as I sit on the floor outside the United Club so I can scam in on their free wifi.

Apparently trying to prepare the house for another child and at the same time prepare my family for me being gone for the next few weeks has me a little (Ok-a lot) cranky and dumb. I did accomplish a bunch and my freezer is full of 12 meals too! I may have to blog about that one as well for anyone who may be traveling soon and want ideas.

Anyway (see scatterbrained), this is suppose to be about my flight so....

I flew 3 hours from STL to Houston and have been enjoying my 5 hour lay over mostly by searching for wifi and people watching. (seriously ladies- I love high heels as much as you do but your in an airport....hello comfort!) Next I will be flying for 9 hours to Frankfurt, have a 2 hour lay over and then fly 8 hours to Addis to land about 9pm their time.

Then Tuesday morning I will head over to the transition home and be reunited with N. My head is full of thoughts and concerns and worry about our transition time and being alone half way across the world with a child who speaks very little English with spotty electricity and possibly no Internet or phone access. Kind of like the feeling you get when you first give birth to a baby and the nurses are there to help you and show you what to do and then they leave and you are left alone with this sweet baby who you love and adore but are scared to death your gonna screw them up. Yep, that's kinda how I feel.

Pray for continued courage for me and strength to meet all his needs. Pray for Gene as he will be a single father for a while with 3 kids while trying to take care of the house and work and for the kids that they know I will be back and not miss me too much (a little missing is ok!)

As we are coming to the homestretch to bring N home I am in tears at the kindness that we have seen form so many of you. It is so very hard to put into words just how grateful we are and how loved our family feels.

This isn't the amazing blog post written in the sky but I think it does the job. Gotta stop so I don't miss the next plane. Love you all,

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment